Thursday, July 20, 2006

UPDATE FROM DAD

The crisis due to the biopsy is over! Two days in ICU, twice to the OR and 2 days of hospital rest. None of this stuff is related to my treatment. I would have had problems with any operation because I have been on Plavix and baby asprin for four years. That complicates any procedure requiring blood to coagulate. I start on my standard course of treatment the first week of August which combines Chyemo once a week and Radiation five days for about 5 or 6 weeks. The cure rate is very high for this type of head and tongue cancer. There are no guarantees, of course. But we caught it about as early as possible. I have been in excellent health and have no medical conditions that could cause any complications during treatment. Susan and I are very optomistic now that the other stuff is handled. If we hit any bumps in the road, which is always possible, I or Susie will let you know at once.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Bill Jr said...

FROM SUSAN: News about dad's treatment.
Looks like the treatment will begin
on Monday, July 31. Chemo at 8:00 and it lasts about 3 hours and then radiation in the afternoon at 2:00 for about 20 minutes.
On Friday, July 28 he has a 20 minute procedure to put the VAP in so that they don't have to poke him with needle to either take blood or give the chemo. Also we
are trying to schedule an outpatient procedure to put in the tummy tube.
If any of you want to come down on Saturday July 29 that would be a good time to visit.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Bill Jr said...

TEST TWO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home